Tuesday 9 April 2019

A tiny glimmer...

Things are moving on apace.  Today, I finally got to do some substantial parts of the job I was actually employed to do, I have a proper, fixed desk (and my own chair!) within my new team's space, and I have found and appropriated my own stapler and staple remover.  The sleight of hand was remarkable.  Wondering if I could look towards a future job as a pickpocket...

Oh, and THE meeting is set for Thursday.  Watch this space.

In other news, a new bank member of staff arrived today.  He'd applied for, and got, a post which was advertised as being a clerk with duties shared 25% with us and 75% with a similar office at another site.  He had good reasons for doing so.  He lives very close to the other site, and it's easier for him to get there, for what would be the majority of his working week.   He was with us today for some training, and fully expecting to be deployed in the role he'd applied for.  ''Oh, no'', says Butterball.  ''You'll be  here with us full-time.  We're not sharing any posts with the (***) any more.  All the admin is being dealt with from this office now''.  Why does this put me in mind of me and, more to the point, how are they getting away with it???








No comments:

Post a Comment