Thursday 28 March 2019

One week down...

Finally, I'm partly legit.

Security came through with my pass - so now I can actually access the office without banging on the door and hoping someone will break the rules and come to let me in.  Still don't have my humungous national database card, or any of the correct permissions/desktop icons to enable me to do my job, but at least I can be in the office and not left out in the corridor.

My contract is being re-drafted to reflect my actual job/hours/conditions, my pre-planned days off have been authorised (COVEN OUTING IS A GO!!!), my badge is being re-made to show my  correct job title - so that's all good. 

Also what's good is, if today is anything to go by, at the end of the contract I should be an Excel wizard.  The project involves the use of some really complicated stuff, involving pivots and massive amounts of formulae, among other things.  I'm determined to make my self-imposed exile count, so I'm soaking up the opportunities as they present themselves.  The person I'm working with is the Gandalf of Excel - and a VERY good teacher.  She's 22 and she doesn't, unlike the Butterball, patronise. She's also not an eater of mug pasta with puke sauce.  This pleases me greatly. 

I really think, all fuckwittery aside, that this was a good move for me - although I AM looking forward to going home tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment