Friday 5 June 2009

Through with glasses, darkly.....

I've finally finished the coups, insurgencies and disasters documents - timely indeed as I was getting ready to stab myself through the heart with a biro through the sheer boredom of it all.

In between hurricane planning, wildfires and kidnapping, I had a bit of a moment with Glasses Direct who have had my prescription and an order for new specs for the last three weeks. As they'd been spectacularly lax in communicating, I rang them last week and was assured that things were in hand. Today, disappointed, as the glasses certainly weren't, I rang them again, only to be told that erm, they'd lost my paperwork and prescription somewhere on the transfer between warehouse and glass making place. Oh, says I, is it a long way between your sites of operation, then? - thinking perhaps Doncaster to Cornwall or someplace. Oh no, says charming girlie on help desk - it's downstairs. Sigh.

I despair. Really, I do. I order stuff so rarely off the pixieweb (being a bit of an untrusting and everso slightly paranoid clog-wearing Luddite)and I only did this time because The Boy had used this shower before and had been impressed with the service. Now I'm perched on the horns of an oversized dilemma - do I take the 15% discount they offered me off the cost of the (already stupidly cheap) glasses bearing in mind I've got to get a copy prescription from the opticians, send it to them again and then wait for the specs to be made or do I just huff loudly, tell them where they can stick their Lauren frames with scratchproof lenses and go elsewhere where I'll doubtless pay triple for privilege, but get them within about three days?

2 comments:

  1. Hi - I was really sorry to read your post this morning. Customer service is something we usually pride ourselves on at Glasses Direct, and this difficult to read as we've clearly let you down on this occasion. I'm going to send you a discount code for a half price pair of glasses, along with my mobile number in case you have any problems, as a way of apologising. I've also created a 10% off discount code for any of your readers - if they enter 'pinny' into the form on our checkout page, it will subract the discount from the total. It will work up to 10 times. Jamie Murray Wells, (founder, executive chairman)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Result! Note to self - do more complaining online! It does get you wondering how much more Big Brother the pixieweb is than we think! Hmm food for thought and not a lettuce in sight!

    ReplyDelete