Tuesday 2 June 2009

De Quervain and the Hand Of Doom....

This is the first day that I've really been able to use my hand for anything meaningful for about five weeks, given that I've developed what my GP says is De Quervain's tenosynovitis. Well, bloody De Quervain can keep his chuffing tenosynovitis to himself, the shite.

I haven't been able to really:

Do up my own bra.
Wipe my bum properly.
Wash my hair with any degree of success, let alone hold the hairdryer to dry it.
Cut anything resembling a slice of bread.
Hold and peel spuds.
Chop anything
Pull my rubber gloves on or off without swearing with pain. Very loudly.
Turn the pages of a book.
Use the bell on my bike
Use a pen and write with any sort of legibility
Press the buttons on the phone
Do up buttons
Pull up my own pants very easily
Pull up a garment side zip
Lift anything heavier than a bee's wing
Get money out of my purse
Do anything requiring small motor movements of any of the fingers or my thumb on my left hand which, considering I'm VERY VERY left-handed, has made life VERY VERY difficult indeed and if I were to meet this bastard De Quervain at any time now or in the future, I'll be forming my good hand into a tight fist and inviting him to run onto it VERY VERY HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment